Last Updated: 24/5/18
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- IP address
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Please note that we do not keep your payment details. We can securely access each payment provider for refunds/other customer service operations and transaction details.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ in any marketing emails your receive from us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. No fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 35 Parnie Street Glasgow G1 5RJ United Kingdom or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any request regarding your rights under GDPR, please email email@example.com, or send a letter on the address above.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The GDPR Bit
A1 Toys are the primary Data Controller under GDPR. We necessarily outsource to various companies and their associated third parties to perform operations on your data in order to provide you with the best experience possible. This means that depending on which of our services you use, you may consent to have your data processed by the companies below.
Lawful Basis for Processing
The way in which you engage with us affects the lawful basis under which we control and process your data.
- In the case of you purchasing from us: we have a legal obligation to process and collect your data in order to fulfil a contract between yourself and A1 Toys Ltd, i.e. in order to send you goods that you have purchased from us. This also limits the data that we can delete under the Right To Erasure that all EU citizens have. We will not use this data to perform marketing activities.
- In the case of a newsletter sign-up: we will have obtained your consent to process your data for the purpose of email marketing or updates. More thorough consent options are explored in the sign-up page and (re-)confirmation emails.
- In the case of the in-store loyalty program: the loyalty portal will be taken down soon. We will have a new feature in place shortly for our loyalty customers. We will be deleting all personally identifiable data. This will not affect points balances. We recommend keeping a hold of your A1 Toys Loyalty card. In the event of loyalty card loss, we will not be able to transfer your points to a new card. We will no longer hold any personally identifiable data.
- In the case of emailing an @a1toys.com address: We use your data to resolve that query, generally in conjunction with data provided during a purchase. We will not use this data to perform marketing activities.
How long do we keep your data for?
- If you make a purchase on any of our channels we are legally obliged to keep related data for a number of years.
- Accounts made on the website without any assoicated purchases will be deleted after a short period of time.
- Unsubscribed newsletter users will have details deleted after a short period of time.
Who are our Data Processors?
For purchasing a product on our website:
- Amazon (amazon.co.uk) – Payment processor when selecting Amazon Payments in the basket/mini-basket.
- PayPal (paypal.com) – Payment processor when selecting PayPal Express Checkout in the basket/mini-basket or selecting Paypal at checkout.
- Sage (sagepay.co.uk) – Payment processor for card payments when using the Sagepay option at checkout.
- Linnworks (linnworks.com) – Order processing and fulfilment. No access to card details.
- Mailchimp (mailchimp.com) – Order and shipping confirmation emails. No access to card details.
- Optimise Web (optimiseweb.co.uk) – Website host and developer. No access to card details.
When signing up to the newsletter:
- Mailchimp (mailchimp.com) – Marketing emails, Privacy and Terms and Conditions updates.
When purchasing from us on Amazon:
- Amazon (amazon.co.uk) – Payment processor, address details, customer service.
- Linnworks (linnworks.com) – Order processing and fulfilment.
When purchasing from us on eBay:
- PayPal (paypal.com) – Payment processor.
- eBay (ebay.co.uk) – Address details, customer service.
- Linnworks (linnworks.com) – Order processing and fulfilment.
For the in-store loyalty program:
- myPOS (mypos.co.uk) - 3rd-party developer. Loyalty database host.
When contacting us on any @a1toys.com e-mail:
- Microsoft – (microsoft.com) - Outlook
When we are sending or receiving your goods:
- Royal Mail - (royalmail.com) Standard/2nd Class/Free Delivery. UK only on website. UK and International on eBay and Amazon.
- FedEx - (fedex.com) Courier/Express. UK only.
- DPD - (dpdlocal.co.uk) Courier/Express. UK and International.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|_cfluid||This cookie is set by the CloudFlare service to identify trusted web traffic. It does not correspond to any user id in the web application, nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information.|
|_ga, _gat, _gid||Google Analytics cookies. Used to collect information about how visitors use our website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.|
|1P_JAR||Google Analytics cookie. Used to gather website statistics, and track conversion rates.|
|APISD||Used by Google to store user preferences and information on Google maps.|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NID||Used to contribute to the personalization of the ads in Google programs like Google search. So personalized ads can be shown on Google.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|SID, SSID, SAPISID, HSID||Stored on the computer in order to remain connected to a viewer's Google account when they visit again. Google uses these cookies to improve user experience.|
|SIDCC||Google Security cookie to protect users data from unauthorised access.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
You can view a more detailed description of Google’s cookies here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/types, here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage and here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245